We are always excited about meeting new patients during their first visit to our office. Your initial appointment will consist of a thorough examination and a discussion of potential treatment options. This important 30-minute visit will give us insight into your orthodontic needs. We know your time is valuable, so to expedite treatment, we may also reserve time following the exam for diagnostic records. The records include x-rays, photos, and impressions for study models, and are necessary for developing the appropriate treatment plan. This additional appointment will last approximately one hour.
During the initial examination for each patient, we will address the following questions that cover the basics of orthodontic treatment. We encourage you to ask questions as well.
- Is there a condition that orthodontics can address?
- Is treatment needed now, or should treatment be delayed until appropriate growth, tooth eruption, or other factors have occurred?
- What treatment procedures will be used to correct the problem?
- Do any permanent teeth need to be removed?
- How long will treatment take?
- How much will it cost?
- What are my payment options?
We feel it is important to analyze each patient’s specific needs, because in-depth planning leads to superior results and higher patient satisfaction.
We insist that our patients leave the office with a clear understanding of their specific needs, what the treatment will consist of, and how long it will take.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your first visit:
- Any panoramic x-ray taken within the past 6 months.
- If you have orthodontic insurance, bring your insurance card. By providing this information at the first visit we will be able to give you an estimate of your costs.